Ann’s TOP FIVE Summer Activity suggestions:
1. Head up the Whistler Village Gondola to the famous PEAK 2 PEAK gondola that set FIVE world records! (on-site discount tickets available from host)
2. Rent a BIKE and travel as the locals do! Plenty of trails from paved “valley trails” to hard core stump jumping to choose from. Bike trail maps available at B&B. see: www.crosscountryconnection.ca If you are up for a more adrenaline, check out the world famous WHISTLER BIKE PARK .
3. Rent a kayak/canoe and meander the River of Golden Dreams ! Worth the bragging rights alone! Take a guided tour or self-guided tour and get picked up at Green Lake at the end of trip. visit www.backroadswhistler.com
4. ZIP TREK. As my guests say upon return: “I will remember that day forever!” Zip through the forest, high above the Fitzsimmons Creek on a zip line course. Bookings gladly assisted by hostess. www.ziptrek.com
5. Do the SCANDINAVE SPA. This unique outdoor spa experience is truly the “art of relaxation.” Spend a minimum of 2 hours there. DISCOUNT cards available. www.scandinavespa.com
There are plenty of other summer activities from HUMMER and ATV TOURS to HORSEBACK RIDING in either the wooded Whistler trails or the open fields in Pemberton ( 35 km north).
ALSO: Don’t forget about the hiking ! and it’s FREE! A sense of adventure & solid walking shoes required.
Top hiking recommendations:
CHEAKAMUS LAKE; this one hour each way hike follows the Cheakamus River through gorgeous BC rainforest to the blue/green glacial fed Cheakamus lake. Approx. 30 min drive from B&B to trailhead.
ANCIENT CEDARS: This is a intermediate trail north of Whistler that leads to a grove of truly HUGE cedar trees: something to see! The trailhead is approx. 30 minutes north from B&B. Allow approx. 3 hours
RAINBOW LAKE; This is an intermediate trail starting from the West Side Road leading through the Whistler Water Shed to a glorious alpine lake. Allow 4-6 hours return trip. Make a day of it!